This month's Charity Finance magazine takes a look at the consequences of the vote to leave Europe on the charity sector, and its impact on investment. It also looks at how charity umbrella bodies have weathered the last few years.
See below for links to a selection of articles from this month's magazine and infomation on how to subscribe.
- Technical briefing: Gender pay gap reporting set to be introduced
- Technical briefing: Is paying VAT a philanthopic act?
- Technical briefing: Unregulated welfare services exempt from VAT
Cover theme: Brexit
- What happens next?: Karl Wilding assesses the far-reaching consequences of Brexit
- Taking back control?: Brexit will present both oppurtunities and threats to charity tax, says John Hemming
- A changed landscape: Christopher Metcalfe gives a revised investment outlook
- Riding the storm: The UK's charity infrastructure bodies are adapting to new circumstances, finds Gareth Jones
- Legal high: Charities are requiring more legal support than ever before, finds Emily Corfe
- Strings attached?: Luigi Lungarella explains the distinction between sponsorship and donations for VAT purposes
Special feature: Developments in investment
- The gender agenda: Fund managers are improving their gender balance, says Jackie Turpin
- Beta backers: What is smart beta investing and is it effective? James Bevan explains
- A golden oppurtunity: Increasing number of charities are opting to borrow to boost returns
- Knowing our biases: Mark Salway says a bit of pessimistic thinking never hurts
- Plan B and the A-word: Simon Hopkins says charity leaders need to embrace ambiguity
- The poor relation: Charities should recognise the value of investing in their finance software, says David Membrey
- haysmacintyre/Charity Finance Charity 100 Index: Quarter three results boost the Charity 100 Index and highlight the affordability issues facing independent schools, finds Diane Sim.
Charity Finance is written by leading sector experts and each issue is packed with analysis and expert opinion on all the subjects crucial to a charity finance professional’s role. Subscribe today to receive 10 issues a year, plus access to premium finance content on civilsociety.co.uk.