See below for links to a selection of articles from this month's magazine and infomation on how to subscribe.
From the editor
- Tania Mason: Is your trustee board sufficiently diverse?
- How charities fell foul of the ICO: David Ainsworth examines the implications of recent ICO fines for charities
Cover theme: Board diversity
- Pale, male and stale?: Tania Mason looks at what board diversity really means, and why you want it
- How to get a diverse board: If diversity is good in theory, how can a board develop it in practice?
- Vice principles: Time is the most important thing trustees give so use it wisely, says John Williams
- Legal view: There are some quirks in the draft Charity Governance Code, says Elizabeth Jones
- Fresh perspectives: Gender equality can't be all about women, says Martin Thomas.
- The Regulator: Plan well if you want to keep your charity open, says Neil Robertson.
People & Culture
- How to shut the doors: David Ainsworth looks at ways to close down your charity without failing your beneficiaries.
Law & Guidance
- Digital developments: Kirsty Weakley speaks to David Holdsworth about how Charity Commission digital services will help trustees
- Speaking with clarity: Hilary Seaward advises on how to convey financial information to the board without eyes glazing over.
- Dear Andrew: Don't let your chair dominate every committee, warns Andrew Hind
Governance & Leadership covers all the major issues relevant to the roles of charity trustees and executive leaders, presenting topics from both perspectives. Subscribe today to receive six issues a year, discounts for training courses and access to premium governance content on civilsociety.co.uk. Charity subscriptions include five copes of each issue for your board.
Our other magazines