The ten largest corporate givers have contibuted a combined total of £200m to the sector, according to figures released by the Directory of Social Change in its latest review of corporate giving today.
Lloyds Banking Group tops the list and contributed £64m, ahead of ITV which gave £24m and and Santander UK which gave £22m. The figures produced by DSC include both cash donations and in-kind donations.
The list was revealed as DSC published eleventh edition of The Guide to UK Company Giving, which cumulated information from over 400 companies that support charities.
According to DSC, corporate support is worth over £420m to the sector.
Top 10 UK corporate givers in The Guide to UK Company Giving, 11th edition (total contributions)
1. Lloyds Banking Group: £64m
2. ITV PLC: £24m
3. Santander UK plc: £22m
4. Ecclesiastical Insurance Group plc: £20.4m
5. HSBC Holdings plc: £18.65 m
6. Marks and Spencer Group plc: £15.5m
7. Goldman Sachs International: £14.3m
8. Impetus - The Private Equity Foundation: £11.6m
9. John Lewis Partnership plc: £11.6m
10. Royal Mail plc: £10.4m