At Making Tax Digital you will get the chance to explore what HMRC’s new policy means for you as a charity – the pros and the cons. Optimise your accounting systems and become more efficient in how your charity handles its tax affairs. Over this morning tax specialists from across the sector including the HMRC will guide you through the process of switching to digital accounting. Gain first-hand advice from charities ahead of the curve in making the digital transition. Take the opportunity to ask questions and gain advice from our expert speakers.
21 May 2019
9.00AM - 9.20AMMorning coffee & informal networkingMorning coffee & informal networking
9.20AM - 9.30AMChair’s welcome
Chair’s welcome | Ian Allsopp, freelance editor and journalist, and contributing editor to Charity Finance
9.30AM - 10.00AMMaking Tax Digital: Key things your charity needs to know
- What is Making Tax Digital?
- How to comply
- Common challenges and how to overcome them
10.00AM - 10.40AMBest practice implementation of cloud accounting software
- Making Tax Digital overview and why it matters to charities
- Cloud accounting software; its benefits and challenges
- Cloud accounting applications for productivity and efficiency
- Best practice on transitioning to cloud accounting
- Case study
Suda Ratnam, partner, Raffingers
Mehul Thaker, associate partner, Raffingers
10.40AM - 11.00AMCoffee and networking breakCoffee and networking break
11.00AM - 11.45AMMaking Tax Digital from both sides of the coin: a discussion between charities and HMRC
- How HMRC will police the requirements to comply
- Penalties if a taxpayer gets it wrong
- How to get practical support
- Future plans to expand the information that has to be filed with HMRC
Richard Bray, finance regulatory tax manager, Cancer Research UK
Verna Gellcear, MTD customer readiness and external stakeholder team, HMRC
This event is designed to provide space for charities to discuss with other charities. As a result, there are no corporate spaces available and we will withdraw places booked by non-charity delegates. We will issue a refund minus an administration fee of 15%.
Great ways to save!
- Be an early bird!
Book your place by 12 April to save up to £80 off the ticket price.
|Ticket type||Early bird (booking made by 12 April)||Booking after 12 April|
|Charity team ticket (up to 4 people)||N/A||£480|