Sports & Challenges Executive
Rainbow Trust Children’s Charity enables families who have a child with a life-threatening or terminal illness to make the most of time together, providing expert, practical and emotional support, where they need it for as long as it is needed.
About the role:
This Sunday Times Top 100 Not-For-Profit organisation is looking to appoint a Sports & Challenges Executive to develop and own a portfolio of events from our national programme. Leading on fundraising and engagement activities, you will work closely with colleagues in taking sports events to market and stewarding sports participants to maximise on each event opportunity.
Reporting to the Head of Events, you will be proactive in identifying, developing and marketing fundraising opportunities in the sports and challenge event marketplace, taking responsibility for driving and delivering agreed income and events targets.
Naturally engaging the commitment of others, you will recruit, retain and motivate sports and challenge participants to contribute to the income of the charity and raise local profile.
Location: Our new, modern Head Office is situated in Leatherhead, Surrey located just 45 minutes from London Waterloo and Victoria and 25 minutes from Guildford. We are less than a 10 minute walk from Leatherhead Station and the town centre, with free on-site parking. Regular travel throughout London and Essex Regions is required.
What we’re looking for:
- An experienced fundraiser with an action-oriented approach – you achieve goals with a sense of urgency, high attention to detail and with event planning experience
- A compelling public speaker and negotiator – you are a persuasive and motivational communicator who stimulates others into action
- An enthusiastic networker – you appreciate, through your knowledge of managing successful events, that building rapport and developing relationships with others is essential
- Practical and outgoing – you are a self- confident and motivating team builder, you will be proactive in identifying, developing and marketing new and additional fundraising opportunities in the sports and challenge event marketplace
- Demonstrable success in meeting income and expenditure targets - you understand the importance of researching before making an approach and know when to make the fundraising ‘ask’
- Applications will be particularly welcome from those who have worked in a sports or events hands-on environment and who have managed volunteers/interns, and are educated to at least degree level (preferably with an event related qualification)
- Confident use of MSOffice and experience of using a CRM database – you are organized and produce high quality accurate work.
What we offer:
We have a range of fantastic benefits that we offer our employees. If you’d like to find out more about these benefits and working with us, click here.
How to apply:
To apply please send your CV and a covering letter highlighting why your application should be considered above others to [email protected]
For a detailed job description visit rainbowtrust.org.uk or call 01372 220073.
First interviews will take place at our Head Office in Leatherhead during the week beginning 16 December 2019, with second interviews being held during the week beginning 23 December 2019. We will only contact those applicants who have been successful and may close the role early if sufficient applications have been received.
Rainbow Trust is an equal opportunities employer and a Best Companies One-Star rated organisation. www.rainbowtrust.org.uk Registered Charity No: 1070532
Please mention where you saw this advertisement.
How to apply
Please send your CV and a covering letter highlighting why your application should be considered above others to