Senior Manager: Transparency and Reporting
£45,000 - 49,000
London, currently remote
The Senior Manager: Transparency and Reporting champions transparency regarding Comic Relief’s Social Change Strategy. This involves driving forward a clearly articulated understanding of transparency, consolidating and synthesising data and learning, and preparing reports and other content to communicate our social change work to a range of internal and external audiences.
- Create communications about our social change work, championing the value of openness and providing support and guidance to the wider Impact and Investment Department and the rest of Comic Relief.
- ·Advise on how transparency is incorporated into key Comic Relief policies and procedures
- Develop reports and content on the Social Change Strategy for a range of internal audiences, including the Board of Trustees, the Social Impact Committee, Executive Directors, and Impact and Investment Leadership Team
- Prepare, oversee and gather content for reporting and communicating our Social Change Strategy and learning to external audience through annual reports, website content, social media content, films and reports for key stakeholders
- Work collaboratively with the Evidence and Learning, Fund Design and Systems teams to make sure data systems and processes are effective for understanding progress towards social change, reporting, fundraising and communication purposes.
- To work closely with all other departments and teams, including Story Hub, Corporate Partnerships, Media and Marketing, agreeing information flows and identifying appropriate information to evidence impact
- Line management of the I&I Data Analyst
Essential Experience and Competencies:
- Significant experience within the charity and funding sector, specifically with respect to monitoring, evaluation and learning within social change programmes and effective communication of social change content to different audiences
- Critical understanding of the role of data in understanding and fostering diversity, equity and inclusion
- Significant experience of data management and analysis experience to generate insights and evidence for strategic and operational decision-making
- Experience of organisational planning and reporting
- Effective relationship builder, with strong emotional intelligence and experience of working in collaborative, cross sector environments to facilitate conversations and alongside individuals and organisations with diverse perspectives
- Exceptional analysis and sense-making skills, underpinned with sound judgement under pressure, and the ability to identify solutions to address delivery risks and issues
- Ability to listen deeply and communicate well with colleagues, with an expertise in conveying conceptual and sometimes complex information to a variety of audiences
- Proven leadership skills with experience of line-managing high performing colleagues
To apply please visit our website via the link.
Role closes - 12:00pm, 24th Sep 2020 BST (Europe/London)
Inclusivity at Comic Relief
We recognise diversity and inclusion are a source of strength in achieving our mission. We therefore welcome everyone, trusting what makes us different brings creativity, styles and experiences to help us collectively do our best work. That’s regardless of your gender, age, disability, religion, sexual orientation, and cultural identity. We especially welcome those from under-represented groups in modern grant-making and fundraising. We are on a journey, but if you join our team you will be part of a community that is committed to creating a diverse and inclusive environment where we want you to:
- Be valued for being yourself
- Do your best work, and be supported to break down barriers so you can succeed
- Be heard, respected, and treated as an equal, whatever your level, experience or background
- Be part of a team that is committed to making this happen – with our colleagues, partners, and contributors.
Comic Relief is committed to preventing and protecting all people from harm in their interactions with us. We expect all those that act in our name to uphold our approach to doing no harm
How to apply