Senior Associate: Funding Practice
£38,000 - 42,000
London, currently remote
Ensuring that we effectively manage our investments and provide quality trust-based support to our funded partners is a critical aspect of our remit as a funder. The postholder will work across the organisation to encourage quality and consistency in how our investments are managed in line with our social change strategic goals. This role will work with all Impact and Investment staff to coordinate the approach to keeping policies relevant and up to date, to create training programmes and to maintain guidance documents.
- Promote approaches to the funding processes and systems and continuously develop, communicate and work with the Senior Manager- Inclusive Fund Design and Practice to implement effective strategies for managing investments and supporting our funded partners
- Identify areas of inconsistencies, inefficiencies or gaps in current systems/policy/procedures and work with relevant Investment, Assurance, Technology and Finance teams to develop and implement improvements
- Working with Investment, Assurance and Systems colleagues, provide technical assistance, guidance and rolling training to colleagues on funding processes to foster greater quality and consistency across the organisation
- Routinely review, update and communicate policies and procedures relating to how our investments are managed incorporating feedback from funded partners, where applicable
- Establish and facilitate reflection cycles around our funding processes and practice to inform our learning and decision-making
- Work closely with the I&I Product Manager to ensure consistency in the way the funding management system is used
- Implement processes to induct new, and current staff are fully trained on new guidance, systems and processes and any changes
- Working with the Investment Coordinators, develop feedback approaches by driving a culture of effective listening, drawing learning out and finding ways improve the experience of applicants and current funded partners.
- Develop external relationships with other funders and relevant actors to foster greater collaboration and engagement around how we fund and to inform our practice
Essential Education and Competencies:
- Direct experience of managing investments and/or experience of improving funding processes and systems
- Experience in funding practices that promote diversity, equity, inclusion, and access.
- Experience of providing coaching, training or similar support with high priority on user experience
- Effective relationship builder, with strong emotional intelligence and experience of working in collaborative, cross organisational environments to facilitate conversations and alongside individuals and organisations with diverse perspectives
- Ability to listen deeply and communicate well with colleagues, with an expertise in conveying conceptual and sometimes complex information to a variety of audiences
- Solid IT literacy - experience with customer relations management (CRM) and/or funding management software an advantage).
- Excellent attention to detail, time management and organisation skills.
To apply please visit our website via the link.
Role closes - 12:00pm, 25th Sep 2020 BST (Europe/London)
Inclusivity at Comic Relief
We recognise diversity and inclusion are a source of strength in achieving our mission. We therefore welcome everyone, trusting what makes us different brings creativity, styles and experiences to help us collectively do our best work. That’s regardless of your gender, age, disability, religion, sexual orientation, and cultural identity. We especially welcome those from under-represented groups in modern grant-making and fundraising. We are on a journey, but if you join our team you will be part of a community that is committed to creating a diverse and inclusive environment where we want you to:
- Be valued for being yourself
- Do your best work, and be supported to break down barriers so you can succeed
- Be heard, respected, and treated as an equal, whatever your level, experience or background
- Be part of a team that is committed to making this happen – with our colleagues, partners, and contributors.
Comic Relief is committed to preventing and protecting all people from harm in their interactions with us. We expect all those that act in our name to uphold our approach to doing no harm
How to apply