The Royal Horticultural Society Shows Department are seeking a Project Assistant to join their passionate team of events professionals. The role will be based at the RHS Head office in central London but mainly focuses on delivering operational elements for both the RHS Chatsworth Flower Show and RHS Tatton Park Flower Show which are held in the grounds of Chatsworth House in Derbyshire and Tatton Park in Cheshire.
The RHS produce world class horticultural events packed with a whole range of activities for a wide variety of visitors. The shows are made up of Show gardens, tradestands, catering outlets, many floral and horticultural features, live music and roaming entertainment.
For more than 210 years the Royal Horticultural Society has been the force behind the nation's gardening. Our charitable purpose is to inspire passion and excellence in the science, art and practice for horticulture. Our vision is to enrich everyone's life through plants, and make the UK a greener and more beautiful place. As a charity, the RHS aims to inspire a wide range of audiences by demonstrating the wonders of gardening through all that we do including gardens and shows, in our publications and online, and through our work in the community.
The successful candidate will support the Project Manager and team in planning and implementing elements of the RHS Chatsworth and RHS Tatton Park Flower Shows. Experience of event planning and delivery is useful, as is knowledge of project management and health & safety procedures. Please note for up to 12 weeks of the contract you will be working on site which will involve staying away from home and will include evening, weekend and bank holiday working. Accommodation and subsistence will be provided.
The Project Assistant is will support the team with the following:
- Sourcing operational equipment
- Liaising with contractors
- Raising purchase orders
- Managing equipment orders
- Managing the office move
- Organising the site office and acting as the front desk
- Organising all paperwork prior to going onsite
- Attending and minuting various meetings
- Sourcing props and dressing materials
- Providing administrative support to both the operations and development team
- Writing copy for feature signage
- Proof reading show guide text
- Other activities as required
The RHS provides a number of great benefits for employees including:
* Free access to all RHS Gardens, Shows and Libraries
* Employee discounts including airport parking, hotels, retail and gym membership
* Monthly Garden Magazine and access to Horticultural advice
To apply please visit our website via the link and apply online.
Please mention where you saw this advertisement.
How to apply