Philanthropy and Partnerships Officer
With an exciting agenda in place, the Institute aims to strengthen its fundraising operation so that it can support its ongoing development, growth and expanding influence. We are looking to recruit a Philanthropy and Partnerships Officer to join our small and dynamic team in London to help lead this effort, and diversify our donor base to include a broad range of supporters including Individuals, Foundations and other Institutions. As a member of the Institute, you will be joining an international staff community of c.200 people, based in 4 continents.
We are seeking a dynamic Philanthropy and Partnerships Officer to support the work of a growing Fundraising Team. You will work closely with the Head of Philanthropy and Partnerships to scale-up funding and partnerships from restricted sources including donors such as the Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation and those established by philanthropists in emerging markets in Africa, China etc. You will play a key role in developing and running robust internal systems to support an internal network of international staff in delivering fundraising activities across several continents. If you are looking for a challenging, fun and exciting opportunity with plenty of room for growth, this role is for you.
With strong interpersonal and organisational skills, you will support the Institute’s donor acquisition strategy, stewardship programme and with your research and written skills, empower teams through briefings and research profiles. You will work with the leadership, project heads and fundraising teams on two continents towards ensuring we build strong and meaningful funding partnerships around the world.
1. Support the implementation of the Institute’s Fundraising Strategy
o Support the management of the donor pipeline including where appropriate, assisting with the development and stewardship of all donor relationships;
o Develop high quality written proposals, contribute to programme co-design and engage in donor pitches;
o Enable a thriving fundraising environment including supporting donor communications, outreach and performance management;
o Deliver against income targets through your own pipeline of prospects.
2. Coordination and database management – work across Institute teams to ensure a centrally coordinated approach and staff are empowered with the information they need.
o Oversight of the database, ensuring information is captured and disseminated to key staff;
o Support internal systems and structures to deliver fundraising milestones, manage performance and meet commitments to prospects and donors;
o Enabling a strong stakeholder management environment including clean stakeholder lists, contact management, etc;
o Support an intelligence based approach to fundraising at the Institute including through donor and opportunity tracking, planning and disseminating data to program teams and leadership.
o Contribute to internal systems for fundraising including developing partnership and donor agreements, supporting due diligence processes, and general compliance needs.
3. Enable the Institute to deliver world-class stewardship to its donors and partners
o Contribute to stewardship plans and collaborate with staff in its execution including through the development of donor reports, stakeholder communications, donor visits and events as well as other activity.
4. Represent the Fundraising Team and undertake other duties.
o Attend meetings to represent the Institute and provide support and briefings to senior staff attending these accompanied or solo;
o Manage the logistics of fundraising outreach including where appropriate, those of the leadership team ranging from the administrative to planning functions;
o Enable fundraising performance management including supporting the development of datasets and collecting data to track progress against KPIs;
o Support other fundraising staff including Head of Philanthropy and Partnerships to strengthen the capacity of staff and their ability to generate income and report on grant-funded programmes and projects;
o Any other duties as may be assigned from the time-to-time by the Head of Philanthropy and Partnerships.
Some domestic UK and international travel may be required.
Qualifications, Education and Training
• Bachelor’s Degree in international relations/development/business, or a related field (Desirable/ Master’s Degree in related field)
• A minimum of three years’ experience working in in a professional fundraising role/team.
• Demonstrable experience of both face-to-face solicitation and writing funding proposals leading to successful applications.
• Demonstrated experience in executing stewardship plans and managing internal/external stakeholder relationships.
• Prior experience of researching prospective donors and managing databases including pipeline reporting desirable. Knowledge of the donor landscape, particularly global Foundations and Corporate funders ideally in the governance, economic growth, state-building and stability sectors
• Prior experience working or studying in developing countries (desirable)
Competencies & Skills
• Fluency in written and spoken English is essential
• Excellent writing, researching and editing skills
• Experience in CRM and Database management is essential (Salesforce and SharePoint desirable)
• Excellent organizational skills, with the ability to meet deadlines under pressure and manage multiple tasks and competing priorities
• Strong IT skills and ability to learn new systems easily; proficiency in Microsoft Office
• Strong interpersonal and communication skills, problem-solving attitude, and ability to work both independently and as a collaborative team player
• Ability to liaise effectively with those at senior level
• Someone who is optimistic, enthusiastic vigilant and flexible would thrive in this role.
How to apply
In order to apply you are required to complete an online application form which includes uploading your CV and cover letter (collated into one document and no longer than 2 pages each). You will also be required to complete a 300 word statement explaining your suitability to the role and organization.
To apply please visit our website and apply through the careers portal: http://institute.global/work-us
The deadline for applications is Thursday 28th September 2017 (9am GMT). Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis and we may start to interview successful candidates before the deadline, so please do not hesitate to apply early!
Please mention where you saw this advertisement.
How to apply
To apply please visit our website and apply through the careers portal: