Head of Finance and Premises
Title: Head of Finance and Premises
Reports To: Chief Executive
Responsible for: Bookkeeper, Administrator
Hours of work: Up to 28 hours per week, flexible by arrangement
Salary: Approx £35,000 pa FTE, depending on qualifications
Job Summary: Reporting to the Chief Executive, and as a member of the Senior Management team, the post holder will be responsible for an effective financial management strategy, manage all internal and external financial, regulatory and performance reporting, contribute to the charity’s strategic goals and act as an interface between management and Trustees on financial matters. Also responsible for administrative services, information technology, facilities management and legal affairs.
Company Profile: From fundraisers to highly skilled paramedics and senior consultants, we are a team, working to save lives that would otherwise be lost. The job is high pressure, but it is deeply satisfying, and every member of the team is committed to this service, and to saving as many lives as we can. Great Western Air Ambulance Charity provides the air ambulance and critical care service across the counties of Bristol, Bath and North East Somerset, South Gloucestershire, Gloucestershire, North Somerset and parts of Wiltshire. On average we attend 5 incidents each day - prioritising the most critical patients. We attended 1,824 incidents in 2017, and need to raise over £3 million in donations each year to continue our life-saving work. This role will be pivotal in enabling the charity to continue our life-saving work.
· Advise the Trustees, CEO and other managers on financial planning, budgeting, reporting, cash flow, investment priorities and decisions, VAT, tax, Gift Aid and financial policy matters.
· Responsible for the fiscal activities of the charity and any retail operations, implementing agreed decisions and working on own initiative in accordance with the Scheme of Delegation
· Developing, implementing and managing the annual budget, as agreed with the CEO and Trustees · Responsibility for filing all legal and regulatory documents and information returns and general compliance with relevant laws and regulations.
· Oversee, direct, and organise the work of the finance team
· Provide analytical support to the management team, including development of internal reports.
· Contribute to the achievement of strategic objectives and the overall management of the charity.
· Maintain communication, keeping the CEO and Board of Trustees informed of key issues.
· Oversee risk management, regulatory requirements and legal activities including leases and insurance.
· Manage own staff team effectively, ensuring high performance and motivation
· Implement and oversee ICT, ensuring the ongoing maintenance and updating of systems and infrastructure, including hardware, software and applications.
· Manage the charity’s premises, including health and safety, contracts and general facilities, ensuring that they are safe, effective and welcoming places to work.
· Represent the organisation externally, as necessary, particularly in banking, legal and lease negotiations.
· Act as an advocate, within the public and private sectors, for issues relevant to GWAAC.
Key relationships Internal
· Head of Fundraising and Marketing
· Chief Executive
· Trustees/Company Directors
· Office administrator
· Financial acumen, with qualifications and significant experience gained within a similar role where responsibility has been held for the financial activities of an organisation, preferably a charity
· Experience in managing services which relate to the physical environments occupied/used by the charity
· A broad knowledge of legislation relevant to the running of a charity and limited company
· Good, current IT knowledge, with experience in developing systems to support the organisation's activities.
· Excellent communication and team working skills, with attention to detail and high personal standards.
To apply for this role please send your CV and covering letter to [email protected]om.
Closing date: 2 February 2018