Events & Community Manager
We have a new opportunity for a vibrant and committed Events and Community Manager within our highly effective Fundraising team. You will plan, implement, monitor and evaluate a broad range of activities, projects and promotions to maximise income and hold the responsibility for organising specific Prospect-Led events.
You will manage and support the Events and Community team to ensure the effective delivery of the hospice’s programme of community fundraising activities. As the Events and Community Manager, you will ensure the teamwork collaboratively, follow best practice and work within the Fundraising Regulators guidelines at all times, with the overall aim of hitting the team’s income & expenditure targets and strategic aims. Please note that this role will require you to attend fundraising events and activities outside normal working hours, weekends and Bank Holidays when required.
Responsibilities will include but will not be restricted to:
- To achieve and monitor agreed Events and Community team income & expenditure targets, taking a lead and individual responsibility for specific events.
- To be responsible for organising specific Prospect-Led events, ensure registration & sponsorship targets are hit. Manage the income and expenditure budget for each.
- To develop the annual fundraising plan in conjunction with the Head of Fundraising.
- To provide leadership, advice, motivation and support to the Events and Community team, including holding monthly one to one meetings and managing the annual appraisal process.
- To ensure that existing/new events and activities for the team are well researched, planned and implemented in a timely manner. Ensuring fundraising initiatives achieve maximum potential.
- Identify the risk, both physical, financial and reputational relating to all fundraising activities, ensure relevant team member records the findings in risk assessments.
- Ensure all monies emanating from each event are paid in promptly. That an accurate record is kept and a timely thank you provided by the relevant team member to supporters. Provide follow up systems and procedures for any outstanding monies to be chased.
- Ensure post event wash up meeting/analysis always takes place.
To be successful in this role you will be enthusiastic and creative, with an organised and driven approach and experience of leading and motivating a team to achieve goals.
You will also be confident in speaking to a wide range of audiences; encouraging them to engage, get involved and become passionate about their activities, and about the Hospice.
Please mention where you saw this advertisement.
How to apply