The government has incorrectly told voluntary, community and social enterprise organisations (VCSEs) not to apply for its £200m youth endowment fund.
Applications to the fund close at midday on Monday 5 November, but it is currently listed on the government’s contracts finder website as not being open to VCSEs.
However, a Home Office spokesperson said: “Voluntary, community and social enterprise organisations can apply for the Youth Endowment Fund, and we welcome applications from across the sector.”
They said the Home Office has been proactively engaging with the VCSE sector to ensure organisations are aware that they can apply and held a briefing event on Monday where this message was relayed.
Home secretary Sajid Javid announced the fund last month, which he said is intended to focus on preventing 10 to 14 year olds from getting involved in serious youth violence.
The fund will be delivered over 10 years and support both proven interventions as well as innovative new approaches.
Interested charities can email [email protected]