Terms & Conditions
1. Terms and conditions
Please read these terms and conditions carefully. By making use of this web site, you agree to be bound by the terms and conditions set out below and any additional terms and conditions set forth on individual pages of the web site. If you do not wish to be bound by these terms and conditions, do not continue to use or access this web site. This agreement is governed by English Law and jurisdiction.
All information on and distributed via this site is the copyright Civil Society Media Limited. Reproduction in whole or in part of any content on or distributed via this site is permitted only with the written permission of Civil Society Media Limited.
The content held and accessed on this site is for general guidance only and is offered by Civil Society Media Limited as material that may be of interest to users who choose to access this web site.
Unless explicitly expressed as the opinion of Civil Society Media Limited, no statement, viewpoint, comment, belief, or expression, whether expressed or implied shall be taken to be that of Civil Society Media Limited, its directors, officers, employees or partners. Neither can it be taken that Civil Society Media Limited agrees fully or in part with such material. Comments accessed at this site are the viewpoints of the appropriately credited organisation(s) or individual(s) alone.
Whilst we have made efforts to ensure that this information contained in this website is accurate, we do not give any representation or warranty (express or implied) as to its accuracy or completeness, and cannot accept liability for errors or omissions. Civil Society Media Limited shall not accept any liability in the event that users of this website base actions on information contained herein that is subsequently found to be inaccurate.
4. Links to other web sites
This web site contains links to other sites that are not owned by Civil Society Media Limited or are not under the control of Civil Society Media Limited. These links are provided only as a convenience to users and Civil Society Media Limited is not responsible for the content provided on any of these sites nor does it endorse the material provided on them. Inclusion of these links does not necessarily imply any association with the operators of these sites.
5. User participation
Please read these competition rules carefully. If you enter one of our competitions, we will assume that you have read these rules and that you agree to them.
- To enter a competition you must be:
(a) UK resident; and
(b) 18 years old or over at the time of entry.
- Competitions are not open to employees (or members of their immediate families) of Civil Society Media Limited.
- No purchase necessary.
- Only one entry per person.
- Sending an e-mail is not proof that we have received your entry. No responsibility can be accepted for entries that are lost or delayed, or which are not received for any reason.
- The closing date is as specified in each competition, and Civil Society Media Limited reserves the right to amend the competition end date at any time.
- If you win a competition, we will notify you by post and/or e-mail. The judges’ decision will be final, and no correspondence will be entered into.
- You can find out who has won a particular competition by sending a stamped addressed envelope, marked with the name of the competition to Civil Society Media, 15 Prescott Place, London, SW4 6BS after the closing date.
- By entering the competition the winner agrees to participate in such promotional activity and material as Civil Society Media Limited may require.
- The panel of judges for each competition will be comprised of members of the editorial team of a relevant department of Civil Society Media.
- The prize will not be transferable to another person.
- No part of a prize is exchangeable for cash or any other prize.
- If an advertised prize is not available, we reserve the right to offer an alternative prize of equal or greater value.
- Incorrectly completed entries will be disqualified.
- Competition are being run by Civil Society Media of 15 Prescott Place, London, SW4 6BS.
- Civil Society Media reserves the right to amend these rules at any time. Plaza may also create rules which will apply to a specific competition only. If we do this we will publish the amended competition rules and/or specific competition rules on the relevant competition page.
- Civil Society Media will endeavour to send prizes within a month of the competition end date but cannot guarantee this delivery time.
Civil Society Media Limited may, in its sole discretion, terminate or suspend your access to all or part of the site and associated e-newsletters and magazines for any reason, including without limitation, breach of these Terms and Conditions. If you breach these Terms and Conditions, your authorisation to use the site and receive associated e-newsletters automatically terminates and you must immediately destroy any downloaded or printed materials and content, and Civil Society Media has the right to refuse any and all current or future use of or access to the site.
8. Member account, password and security
Your user ID and password is provided by Civil Society Media Ltd for your own personal use. You are entirely responsible for any and all activities that occur in your account and your password should not be disclosed to anyone else without the prior written agreement from of an authorised representative of Civil Society Media Ltd.
Civil Society Media Ltd reserves the right to change your password if it believes it is no longer secure and withdraw on-line access.
As a subscriber whether paid or free, you agree to notify the Civil Society Media Ltd immediately of any unauthorised use of your account or any other breach of security. Civil Society Media Ltd will not be liable for any loss that you may incur as a result of someone else using your password or account, either with or without your consent or knowledge.
Civil Society Media Ltd reserves the right to hold you liable for any losses incurred by the Civil Society Media Ltd or another third party due to someone else using your account or password.
Civil Society Media Limited recognises that your privacy is important, and is committed to protecting it. This document sets out our policy in relation to any personal information which you supply to us through your use of this website.
If we change this policy we will post changes on this page so that you are always aware of them. By continuing to use this website after such changes have been posted you will be deemed to have accepted and consented to them, whether you revisit this page or not.
The Information that we collect
You may browse our website without disclosing personal data. However, if you register, and/or order products from us by completing our online forms or contact us by email or telephone, we will collect the following personal information from you:
- your name, postal address, organisation name, email address, telephone number, facsimile number so that we can fulfill your order and contact you in case there is a query with your order.
- Where you order from us, we may also collect: your debit or credit card number, expiry date and other relevant information to allow us to collect payment so that we can process and fulfill your order.
How we Use your Personal Information
In addition to providing our services and products to you as set out above, we will also use your information for market research purposes and credit control purposes.
We may also use this information to notify you about our services and products, Charity/Voluntary sector developments and training sessions or events which we believe may be of interest to you.
If you do not wish to receive such information from us, please email us or write to Marketing and Subscriptions, Civil Society Media Limited, 15 Prescott Place, London, SW4 6BS, marking your envelope "Data Protection".
How we Share your Personal Information
We may share your personal information with other companies in our group for any of the above purposes and with those with whom we are co-publishing a product or co-presenting any training session or event (in which case the use by our co-presenters will be restricted to arranging and publicising the event).
In order to provide services to you we may be required to pass your personal information to parties located outside of the European Economic Area in countries which do not have data protection laws equivalent to those in the UK. Where this is the case we will take reasonable steps to ensure the privacy of your information.
Except in the situations listed above or as required by law or other regulation, we will not pass, disclose, rent or sell your personal information (other than any personal information which is already publicly available and which is incorporated into our search products) to any third party without your prior consent.
Protecting your Information
When you order from us we use a secure server. All personal and credit card information is encrypted using Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) technology before it is sent to us over the internet.
We have a Data Protection Policy and strict internal procedures designed to protect your personal information from unauthorised access, improper use, alteration, unintended destruction or other loss.
Accessing Personal Data
You have the right, by written request and on payment of a small fee, to a copy of any personal data (as defined in the Data Protection Act 1998) which we hold about you.