Stewardship is a registered charity helping Christians to live and give generously, while strengthening the causes they care about.
With roots tracing back to 1906, Stewardship helps over 25,000 individuals, families, employees and companies to find and donate to over 19,000 registered recipients, adding applicable tax reliefs on their behalf.
For charities, churches and those in full-time Christian ministry, Stewardship offers low-cost legal and administrative services from accounts examination to mortgage advice.
Each year Stewardship:
- distributes over £50m to charities
- reclaims over £10m in gift aid
- helps form 75 new charities
- examines 300 sets of charity accounts
- provides payroll services for over 300 churches and charities
- supports over 2,500 individuals in full-time Christian work
- loans £10.5m to help churches buy, build or renovate properties
Working as an advocate, Stewardship was at the forefront of the campaign to successfully repeal the Substantial Donor Regulations within the 2011 Finance Act, which had placed unintended burdens on churches and charities.