The civilsociety.co.uk community and comments board is intended as a platform for informed and civilised debate.
We hope to encourage a broad range of views, however, there are standards that we expect commentators to uphold. We reserve the right to delete or amend any comments that do not adhere to these standards.
- Robust but respectful debate
- Strongly held opinions
- Intelligent relevant discussion
- The sharing of relevant experiences
- New participants
We will not publish:
- Rude, threatening, offensive, obscene or abusive language, or links to such material
- Links to commercial organisations or spam postings. The comments board is not an advertising platform
- The posting of contact details for yourself or others
- Comments intended for malicious purpose or mindless abuse
- Comments purporting to be from another person or organisation under false pretences
- Gratuitous criticism, commentary or self-promotion
- Any material which breaches copyright or privacy laws, or could be considered libellous
- The use of the comments board for the pursuit or extension of personal disputes
- Views expressed on the comments board are left at users’ discretion and are in no way views held or supported by Civil Society Media
- Comments left by others may not be accurate, do not rely on them as fact
- You may be misunderstood - sarcasm and humour can easily be taken out of context, try to be clear
- Enjoy the opportunity to express your opinion and respect the right of others to express theirs
- Confine your remarks to issues rather than personalities
Together we can keep our community a polite, respectful and intelligent platform for discussion.